Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My youth hostel

I've been collecting ideas along the way about what I would have at my youth hostel, if I ever got around to opening one up. It would NOT have seedy old men on reception who wear board shorts and thongs and dirty white blazer jackets. It would have flushing toilets and a hot shower, and it would NOT have bed bugs. Oh, and the bedroom doors would close, if not also lock, and I would have some sort of security system in place so that only paying guests may actually enter the premises and have access to all the facilities and everyone's luggage.

Guess what our hostel in Florence was like!!! Yes, all of the above and more. I forgot to mention the 'kitchen' had only one teaspoon. I ate my muesli with a fork.

Don't worry, Susie and I checked out of there and found ourselves a nice little one-star hotel with all the mod cons like unblocked toilets and a key to our door. At least we were still able to do all our little planned trips, such as to see Michelangelo's David (we were not disappointed) and to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, visit Siena, and go on an afternoon wine tasting tour of the Chianti region.

Now we're in Rome and ready for 6 days of serious sightseeing action before hitting the beach and waterslides in Spain!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home