Friday, February 17, 2006

Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm leaving in the morning!!!!

Things I can't wait to leave behind in Tubingen: Cigarette smoke, horrible weather, my teeny-tiny bedroom, the fact I have no freezer or microwave, people pushing and shoving in queues and on public transport, the euro which is draining my bank account, my 90cm-wide bed, having cultural or language misunderstandings at least once a day.

Things I might kinda miss about the place: All my friends - especially the ones I have caught up with especially over the last week, the history and the cobblestones (I don't wear stilettos anyway, and the ice is gone now, so they're no danger to me or my footwear!) the Neckar river flowing really fast and muddy because all the snow has melted, DC++, cheap chocolate, Germanwings flying out of Stuttgart to all European destinations, having an 8-minute bus to uni leaving from my bus stop.

Things I can't wait to get home to: Apart from of course my family, boyfriend and friends - Summer fruits, my (our) car, the sun (that's easy to say but i REALLY, REALLY miss it), Aussie meat, Sydney's bars, restaurants and RSLs, our beaches and national parks on the coast...

See y'all next week!

1 Comments:

At 3:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you make it home safe?? You should keep us posted on your arrival and your adjustment to being back home :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home