Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I'm here

Steph on the plane
Aussie ute
Aussie Luke

For all those who are concerned, we made it home alright and I am loving being back! I'm getting a bit desperate to speak some German, but other than that, my family and Luke and my friends are all here... And oh my goodness I understand everything. It's incredible. Even the little kids speak Australian. Have had a few close calls trying to hand over the wrong amount of coins (they look different!) and also forgot to buy a train ticket the other day because I thought I could buy one off the conductor. I finally got back in the car too and drove the whole way to Hornsby (about 3km) on the left hand side of the road. Oh yeah!!

3 Comments:

At 8:49 pm, Blogger Jeremy & Joanna said...

Hello! Glad you are home safe and well... hope you had a kick-ass birthday, and can't wait to see you again!!!

love, Jo

 
At 8:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for making it home safely!

It must be weird driving on the left side of the road again (or driving at all, no less)! I didn't have the problem of switching sides (since we're on the right side, like continental Europe). The right side is the right side, after all. :-P

And I definitely appreciate seeing the little kids speaking English, also! Now I don't get made fun of by little kids who can speak the language better than I.

 
At 3:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home steffy, thanks for such a sweet blog - its been very entertaining travelling throughout europe vicariously via your photos and stories :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home